Winnipeg, Canada, r2j1l7
Joined on December, 2013
Weekdays after 10AM
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationPhD in English at Illinois State University
MA in English from Central Michigan University
BA (with honours) in English at University of Saskatchewan
Experience* PhD in English Studies
* Taught English, Writing, and Various Literature courses throughout the United States and Canada from 1994 to 2009
* English Master Tutor for individual students in a Tutoring and Testing Center in Bloomington, IL.
* Taught Developmental English classes, and for ESL students: 2006-2007
* Reader/scorer for junior writing exams and placement tests: Illinois State University, 1997-
* Founder and director of a Bloomington, IL book club, 2006
* I've taught and taken many relevant English classes from Shakespeare to 20th-Century Feminist literature course as well as several Composition courses and classes on how to teach writing. I love tutoring students, taking them through the process of understanding a piece of literature and then applying their knowledge as they compose an intelligent, flowing, rhetorical piece of writing that they can be proud of. It is thrilling to see these students light up as they begin to understand the writing process and how to develop their writing for any chosen audience.
* I have published poetry in the Antigonish Review, Grain, and Other Voices. Furthermore, I have articles published in Margaret Atwood Studies plus the American Review of Canadian Studies journal.
HobbiesReading, Writing, Playing with my 3 year old daughter, Photography, Hiking in the woods, Nature
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.